January 7, 2009

Hot Off the Presses

Ok, maybe not exactly hot anymore since we're now a little more than a week into a new year. Many people think a new year is a new lease on life. And while hopefully that will become true with the way that the past year has gone, it would be an understatement to say that we're all probably still carrying baggage from 2008 with us (recession anyone?). However, I DID manage to do something different this year for New Year's Eve.

First of all, I never usually celebrate New Years. Truthfully, I'm usually home or at a friend's house just watching tv and chatting. But this year, I headed south hoping to get in better weather and some fun. Well the better weather never emerged since it seemed like I took San Francisco fog with me to Los Angeles (it was freezing!) but the fun was definitely to be had at the "Happiest Place on Earth". You know, in recent years, I've become quite a Disneyland fan having gone to two others around the world. So ,when the opportunity came for a little jaunt to the original one in Anaheim, I took it. Here are the results:


Joanna and I got on Southwest after an hour's delay and headed down to LA! We're so excited.


We joined Laurie, Dale, Jen and Alan in Downtown Disney that night to wait for the NYE fireworks. This is us happily anticipating the show.


However, a few hours later and with some massive weather problems, all we got was some colored fog and sound of fireworks. We were so disappointed we didn't see anything

We spent the next two days hopping between the parks so I'll just post highlights of each one.


Here I am with holiday Goofy in front of California Adventures! :)


We also got on the new Toy Story inspired ride, Midway Mania, twice. Mr. Potato-head kept everyone entertained with silly jokes while waiting in line. haha


We also watched the Aladdin show. We waited to get seated on the Mezzanine level which gave us great views of the flying carpet part.


And of course, we dropped in at the Tower of Terror (harhar...bad pun). Stupid lady in front of me blocked my face.


We also did Disney's Animation Studio where we learned to draw Winnie-the-Pooh! hehe


I just wish our Golden Gate Bridge really was this decorated for the holidays.

And in Disneyland, we also saw tons of holiday inspired stuff.

This is just waiting for the "It's a Small World" ride.


And the inside was equally decorated. hehe. I sorta went picture crazy on this ride if you must know.


If you can't handle crazy lighting, you might not want to look at it at night. They also did a fun light show on the building at night with all the lights off.


They also completely changed the Haunted Mansion to a holiday theme with "The Nightmare Before Christmas" characters. I really really liked it.


And of course, the castle at night was awesome.


And we managed to watch the fireworks show both nights. Can't miss a Disney classic!

It was two really long days (16.5 hours and 15 hours respectively) at the Disney parks but it was well worth it. I think I might be addicted to Disneyland now. :)

2 comments:

wu_blog said...

a few things:
1) you open your mouth a lot...you must always be fake excited
2) coming over to my house 'just watching tv and chatting' is not considered celebrating the new year. i understand!
3) addicted to disneyland means you need to get an annual pass!!

Tiffany said...

Bad puns make me laugh :D. Disneyland looked beautiful!