Things that get hyped up usually have a bad reputation for not living up to it. Afterall, what your 52-year-old father thinks is great would most likely not be what your 25-year-old best friend thinks is wonderful. So there's bound to be people who will not like the latest fad in fashion, gadgets, and entertainment that is out there. However, I was pleasantly surprised.
I admit, I Wikipedia-ed the movie before I watched it so I knew the plot details. However, the first 10 minutes still managed to grip me and I was fascinated for the entire 2 hours. Movie critics around the country, heck around the world, have already reviewed it to bits. I just have to say that it's definitely worth watching and perhaps warrants a little thinking about afterwards as well. Besides letting the ending give you hope, perhaps also let the process and the story as a whole give us a little more perspective on the world and the fate of its humanity. There are a whole lot of implications other than just what happens to Jamal but also the everyday fate of India's people. Maybe its more than just a movie afterall.
No comments:
Post a Comment