January 28, 2009

Life Goes On

It's been interesting lately.
Today I heard a phrase that sort of summed it up nicely. "The process is ahead of where I am at." That's sort of how I feel. The process of adulthood has caught me unawares and I'm not really prepared for it right now.

I find myself constantly worrying recently.
Life is moving a bit fast and I'm painfully aware of the fact that I don't have a job, much less a career, or a relationship. Whereas I look around me and I am always reminded that many of my friends have at least one if not both of those things.

And yet,the Lord has said:
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Matthew 6:25-27

Perhaps that's what it really is.
The lack of basics. My faith and my relationship with God has changed so much in the last 2 years. It's good in many ways but also seriously lacking in so many others. I no longer know where that childlike belief is and I'm afraid it's been partially replaced by a rather calloused world-view.

So here it is, my New Year's resolution late:
Back to Basics.
Back to the reasons I started on my journey.
Back to the purpose for where I am.
Back to a life that CENTERS around the Lord's will for my life rather than what is good in the moment.
And back to LOVE as the reason for all that I do. Love being the motivator, the encourager, and the strengthener. Because He loved ME first.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

alex!

When i was reading this entry, this passage came up so I wanted to share.


Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.
Lamentations 3:22-26

I need to be reminded that the Lord is my portion and even when it seems like we're "behind", we're right where God wants us. Oh and it's super good you want to draw closer. :)