Flo’s maternal grandmother, aunt and uncle came to visit today so his parents had a large breakfast for everyone. It was 8 people for breakfast since one of Flo’s sisters was home too. It was really nice to enjoy a leisurely breakfast in their beautiful sunroom opening into the garden. And it was definitely a nice spread complete with the traditional Bavarian white sausage “Weisswurst”, sweet Bavarian mustard and a pretzel. It’s supposed to be eaten with a liter of beer but I politely turned it down this time. Hahaha It was too much beer in one weekend for a me who normally barely drinks several a year. But it was definitely very sweet of Flo’s mom to prepare it.
This is a photo of me with Florian’s family (he’s in orange) with his aunt missing since she was taking the picture.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Munich. Not only was the weather very nice for my visit and I got to experience a lot of the city but I had a great personal tour guide with a very sweet family. (Thank you again Flo if you’re reading this!!). His relatives were very friendly and easy to talk to. They kept telling me that San Francisco was the most beautiful city in the States, which I cannot disagree with, and his mom was especially sweet. It left me a great impression of Germany and more specifically of Munich and the Bavarian people. They just seemed so warm, enthusiastic and helpful. I truly believe that Munich is a city I would love to visit again and for sure, one of my favorites so far. It was a great weekend.
2 comments:
I think... you're trying to say you had a really good time there. What tipped it off? Lesee...
USAGE OF WORDS
sweet 4
nice 3
friendly/great/warm/enthusiastic/helpful 5
hehe...
Alex,
Europe is sooooo pretty!! Have lots and lots of fun. miss you :)
Post a Comment