Day 1:
After a little bit of a mix-up on the times at the train station, I met him at 2:00pm where he greeted me with a hug and an offer for a genuine Bavarian lunch. And if you know me, I never turn down an offer for food...especially genuine local cuisine.

On the way to the lunch place, we saw the Bavarian district courthouse and being the law nerd that I am, I went in. This is the outside.
A few blocks further, we stopped at the restaurant near the botanical gardens and had some genuine Schnitzel. (Please correct me on the spelling if you can.)

It was a beautiful sight for sore eyes after almost 5 hours without food. And it was definitely yummy fried goodness.

We then walked around the city center where the shops and people were. This is City Hall. Flo said that the clock has figures dancing at several times of the day but we missed the times.

We walked to the top of the tower that was across the street from City Hall and at the top, this view greeted us. It was 360 degrees around but I didn’t get the rest of it. :( I have a video if you want to see it.
After that climb and a bit more walking around, Flo suggested we stop at the famous Schumann’s bar for some drinks. On the way there, we saw this: the Theatiner Kirche (aka. the big yellow church).

Just outside of it was a performance stage and it was being set up for the Bavarian Orchestra’s performance. It was even cooler at night with the lights but alas, we were rushing home so I didn’t get a photo of it at night. And if you were wondering, the drinks were delicious...I had something called the Freitag which was very appropriate as it means “Friday” in German.
We headed home after drinks so I could drop off my stuff. And then we headed back out into the city again b/c there was a huge university party going on. Apparently, it’s a yearly thing where the university opens up and the students throw this huge party for thousands of students. One courtyard sold the drinks and beer, another sold food, and several of the halls were turned into dance rooms with various genres of music. It was very crazy, crowded and lots of fun as I got to know some of Flo’s friends over beers and sausages. It was a great taste of student life in Munich. Makes me wonder why our schools don’t ever think to do something like that.
Danke and stay tuned for the next part.
No comments:
Post a Comment