December 27, 2010

To Infinity and Beyond

Ok, not quite like Buzz Lightyear but with the end of 2010 quickly approaching, it seems appropriate to finally make a post in this ol' blog of mine.

And what a year 2010 has been. I've definitely had my bad and good moments. It still hurts a little to think about letting go of Uncle Joe although I know he is with the Lord. Doubts about my future still plague me daily. And I find that I struggle with loneliness and issues of worth much more than I would like to. But I've also been able to experience joy in getting to know new friends and being reacquainted with old ones. Experiencing new countries and cultures. And realizing more and more how much love and patience my family and friends have bestowed on me when I least deserved it.

Yet throughout it all, I cannot help but be TREMENDOUSLY thankful and grateful for the Lord's work in my life. There's always the saying that "God is good, all the time" and I think it becomes something so often repeated that sometimes, just sometimes, it loses its meaning and potency. But I think I cannot look back on this year without wholeheartedly agreeing with that statement. The Lord allowed me to have some truly unforgettable memories while showing me just how He orchestrates all the moments in our lives for His Glory. I don't have the words to express how wonderfully He provides for our every need, whether the means of that provision is joyful or trying. I just know that of the biggest lessons I have re-learned this year is how I cannot help but be humbled before a God as mighty as He.

So as I look forward to another year and another start, I pray, with all my heart, that I will: submit to His Will, trust in His plan, and ask for nothing more than the opportunity to serve Him in all that I do as I continue on the path of Sanctification.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas celebrating the real reason for the season: the coming of the Savior who redeemed our sins and provided a way to come before God. And I wish you all a joyous New Year. May 2011 be filled with laughter and love. :)

No comments: