April 1, 2009

Breaking News

!!!!!!




Ok, so not really but I figured that if all the media outlets are going to mess with you guys today, I can put a somewhat facetious title on my blog.

First of all, Happy April Fool's Day! And for those of you in California, Happy Raise State Sales Tax by 1% Day! I'm not sure either one is to be celebrated but what the hey...

So my news certainly is not as ground breaking as the G-20 Summit in London where President Obama is rumored to have given the Queen a gift upon their meeting. (Don't trust ANYTHING you read today!). BUT I did have a personal historic moment today.

I visited Little Lucca's sandwich shop in South San Francisco!
Here's the yelp reviews and a photo:

(It's no longer green though. More of a brown.)

So this place is famous for cheap, delicious and HUGE sandwiches.
I had actually never tried the sandwiches which is a shocker considering I live literally 8 mins down the road. I know, I'm lazy.

Anyways, after having been warned by multiple people that the line for this place is really long, I headed out at around 11:15 to get to the place. The wait wasn't too long actually. It's this tiny little shop and about halfway through the wait, there were about 15 ppl in this snaking line and all of them except me was a man. It felt weird; like they were all staring at me and wondering how the small little Asian girl was going to finish the sandwich. But 20 mins later, I was cradling a sandwich the size of a newborn baby out the door and headed home.

Here's proof:

That's my hand next to it. And my hands are pretty big. Can you imagine how you could cradle that thing??


Here's it unwrapped. Still HUGE. Can you believe that sandwich is $5.50?!?


Here's a side view. Yum!! It's the Little Lucca Combo: Mortadella, Provolone, and Salami. :)


Me, eating my sandwich. It doesn't fit in my mouth.


The aftermath. I CAN'T finish it!! ahhhhh.

So that's the end of my lunch adventure. Back to studying! :)

4 comments:

shallison said...

that is a big sandwich

Tiffany said...

dude!! i totally wanted to go try that place! My work ordered a whole bunch from there and it was yum-o.

Joshua Go said...

That's about the portion size that I need to have for lunch everyday in order to last until dinner.

Admin said...

omg Alex I wanna eat there when I visit you