April 19, 2009

Biblical Perspective

So lately, I've been diving into the Word more often. It is DEFINITELY refreshing and I'm so grateful to have a chance to rediscover the Lord in this way.

Anyways, rather than a long story about all the many things I'm learning and relearning, I've discovered that I've fallen in love with some Biblical names.

For girls: Hannah and Rebekah.
For boys: Theophilius (Theo)

It's kinda funny really. I've never particularly liked "old-fashioned" names but these have struck my fancy for some reason. haha :shrug:

Wait.

I DO have a story from school though. We had a Christian group meeting on Thursday where we enjoyed some food from Burma Superstar and played some Bible trivia. It was my first time making it to a meeting all semester. Towards the end, the class that was starting after our meeting filed in. I realized that I was gripped with an unreasonable fear. I feared that I would be judged.

Some of the people in the class were my friends and I realized the implications of them knowing that I was Christian and that I was even active in my faith. I kept thinking about how I was afraid of how they would react and if they would immediately jump to conclusions about my beliefs and positions on things.

And afterwards, I felt ashamed. The Lord had said we had nothing to fear in the world, neither life nor death because of His sacrifice for us. It's funny, even after a decade of being a Christ follower, I'm not brave enough to really shout His Name from the mountaintops. I'm reluctant to have others not like me because of Jesus in my life, especially those I have to see everyday, and I lack the strength to hold my head high sometimes.

I can only ask for forgiveness and see that there is so much more room to grow.

I will not be ashamed.

2 comments:

chubbs said...

I think we've all felt that way at one point or another. I know I have.

"I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us." Philippians 3:12-14

Joshua Go said...

I say be prepared to defend your beliefs with reason. Come on, you're a law student. Let's up the ante here, Wong.

1 Peter 3:15-16.