If you are my friend, I think I don't hide the fact that I'm pretty fobby. In fact, I might have scared you at some point or another on just how "in touch" with my Asian side I am. Please forgive me for this character flaw.
Now, to remind readers on what "fobby" entails. "Fobby", in its essence, means that you display the symptoms of being a F.O.B. aka Fresh Off the Boat. This, of course, is a historical reference to a time when our ancestors still immigrated to America/Canada/the UK on a boat. Now, they just grab their passports and get on a plane. But I digress. The point is that their behavior was marked to be "fobby." This is characterized by bad pronunciation of English (where they cannot pronounce the "L" for the life of them and it just comes out as Engrish), weird combination of clothing (skirts over pants with high top sneakers...you know...), and most notably the fob fingers. Here:
Anyways, there you have it, a brief run through of the term "fobby".
I think the most ironic part of me being in such a state is that I was born in the United States, raised and educated here, and can be quite eloquent with the English language if I do say so myself.
*disclaimer* you might want to stop reading at this point if the picture of my chubby face was enough to give you a laugh.
Moving on.
Let's go easy first. I learned about this bag and now I really want one. I don't do brand names. Really, I don't but I thought this was super cute:

"Miss Marc Flat Hobo" by Marc Jacobs
Too bad it doesn't seem to be in stock and I don't have that kind of cash to burn on a bag.
Now onto the embarrassing stuff.
So lately, I've been caught up in the hype that is the Korean version of Hana Yori Dango aka Boys Over Flowers. It's a Japanese manga story. If for some reason, you have a dying need to know what it is about, just read the link. I don't read the manga version, I just watch the tv adaptations.
I've seen the Japanese version and absolutely LOVED it. Although I don't find the cast particularly attractive in a subjective sense, their acting was superb and I thoroughly enjoyed their whole series. (Oh please, don't tell me you've never watched a tv show because it had a lot of pretty people.) The two main characters were particularly good and had great chemistry with each other.

It also gave me an excuse to practice my rusty Japanese.
So when I heard that they were going to come out with a Korean version, I initially balked at watching it. I didn't want to ruin my happy memories of the story. However, being no stranger to Korean dramas, I got sucked in. MAJORLY. I am now waiting impatiently for Monday and Tuesday to come so I can finally finish this wretched story and have it over with. Although the acting, in my opinion, is sub par, I think the cast and set in this version is much prettier. hahaha

Especially him. I'm pretending I'm still 18 when I watch it. hahaha
Ok. So that was my bit about my terrible terrible tv obsession.
Now for music. I recently found this song and I actually ended up liking a lot of this group's songs. Admittedly I don't understand it. Maybe it's because for all my wannabe-ness, I'm not Korean. But give the song a chance. Especially you hip-hop fans. (Will it help if I told you that their lead member graduated from none other than Stanford?!?) Here:
:whew:
I think I'm going to stop here before I kill you with the length and topic of this post. Oh, and you can stop rolling your eyes now.
It just seems appropriate that I end with this: ^____^Y
2 comments:
you are such a fob
i didn't know you were into korean soaps. we should have a marathon one day bc my gma got me hooked when i was in hawaii. i've been watching them with her ever since i was a kid and she has to paraphrase the subtitles for me. :)
Post a Comment