March 23, 2009

The World of Social Networking

This seems a bit pathetic but I'm going to blog about it anyways.

I'm sure almost everyone that would read this has a Facebook page; the social networking phenomenon that used to be overshadowed by MySpace and Friendster.

*update: speaking of, watch this (thanks Ning):


Ok, back to Facebook. I am proud (or should it be ashamed?) to say that I've had one since 2004 and I've stuck with it through all the crazy interface changes. The current design is sort of annoying though. I wish they would quit changing it so often.

Anyways, so usually I ignore all the advertisements to the right side of the screen. I mean, who really clicks on them anyways right? However, there is one ad that has caught my eye. It's titled (in exact replication below):

"World Wide AsianZ
:picture of some guy who looks like Rain:
Make friends with people in
your country and beyond at
the free social network for
Asians"

I have several things to say about that.
1. Did it show up on my page because I'm Asian? Will it show up on everyone who is Asian or is it non-discriminatory?
2. Was it really necessary to use the "Z" at the end of Asian? I mean, why didn't they just say AZNs instead if they wanted to use the "Z" more "traditionally"?
3. Do they think the picture of the Rain-imitator will draw me into the site?

I'm confused. Does anyone have any thoughts?

3 comments:

Gloria said...

I don't have 'AZN' ads. I have an ad for TBS comedy, Costa Rica white water rafting trip, and Yoga. They must know I have high stress. HAHAHA.

Anonymous said...

how come you don't like me? i thought we could be cool.

- rain

Mii said...

you just see the others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYoAwfh4QOU&feature=channel

hilarious