August 8, 2008

European Adventures Paris

Bonjour! After Strasbourg, I took the train to Paris and spent five days there with my friend Joanna. Here's a quick picture recap:

We were really tired but when we got to the hotel and unloaded, we wanted to go see something. Lo and behold, look what we stumble upon.



The stars represent the EU emblem since Sarkozy was president of the EU when we were in Paris. hehe



Here's the version at night. It was so pretty since the lights actually sparkled!

The next day was a Tuesday which means that our original Louvre plans had to be scraped since it closes Tuesdays. Thus, it was off to Paris Disney. I was ready for some manufactured fun and to get in some time at the Happiest Place on Earth: Euro version.

Their Sleeping Beauty Castle was freaking awesome. I totally loved it b/c it had an animated dragon in cave part and an awesome upstairs.



The outside of the castle with a Disney band to welcome us.



Here's the stained glass windows that were on the upper floor. They were pretty cool.



And of course, no one does fireworks like Disney. I have to say the music, lights, and fireworks combo is the best I've seen.

The next day was Museum day. Three major museums, Notre Dame and some more exploring. It was a long day. haha



Here's me doing my "yay for I.M. Pei" jump outside the Louvre.



And of course we must not forget the famous Mona Lisa. She's very tiny in real life.



This is the inside of my favorite museum visit: the Musee l'Orangerie. It hosted Monet's "Waterlilies" and had two rooms that looked like this. Simply beautiful.

We dropped by the Musee d'Orsay which could've easily been a really fun museum if my back was not killing me at that point. Just too much wear and tear for a couple of weeks by then.



And then it was off to search for the hunchback. Didn't see him at all.

The last full day was spent at Versailles because it was so HUGE. It was ridiculous how big it was. And like Jo said, no wonder there were wars b/c if one person was allowed to own all of that, I'm sure it was a matter of time before the common person would revolt.



Me and part of Louis XIV's garden. There is more believe it or not.

We headed back out into the city and went to the Arc de Triomphe...another self-tribute by a king.



Here's the view from the bottom.



And then from the top, this is down the Champs Elysees. :) I did a TINY bit of shopping. hahaha

Well, that was a quick run through of my time in Paris. Next up, London!

1 comment:

wu_blog said...

waaait are you saying the paris dland fireworks are better than the 50th anniversary- 'remember dreams come true' fireworks at anaheim disneyland???