June 26, 2008

European Adventures Day 16

Hello! So in response to some of the comments before...I didn't QUITE bike the entire 2 1/2 hours. :wink: But at least half if not more of that time. And yes, I was quite sore. In fact, I think my knee still sort of creaks. hahaha.

Now onto more adventures. Sunday, we left Interlaken and decided to take a short train trip to go see Europe's biggest glacier just outside the town of Fiesch. It was about another 2 hour train ride south-ish and when we go to the town we had some lunch. Here's some pictures:



This is the sleepy town of Fiesch. The train station was quite small and the town matched the train station.



We stopped off in a small little cafe for some lunch before heading up to the glacier. It was SUCH a hot day! Here I am enjoying my nice cold apple juice (aka. apelstaf!) :)

After lunch, we headed to the cable car station...you know the kind that hangs from a wire and goes up the mountains. (I'm not sure if that's the right word) We took it to the highest level to where the glacier was.



This is a frozen lake I saw on the way up to the mountain. It was kinda cool. haha



Here's a ghetto panoramic of the glacier that I put together.



The Swiss are very patriotic. Almost every home I've seen has either a Swiss flag hanging from a window or from a pole outside their home like this one.



This is us at the top of Mount Eggishorn enjoying some beer and Roshti (yummy hash browns with cheese melted on top). It was pretty much the most awesome view ever. haha This really sweet and hilarious Dutch couple took this picture for us. They apparently have a home in a small village at the foot of the mountain and have traveled all over the world together. The wife was soooo funny. I'll share the story in person...its just not the same in writing.

We headed back down on the last cable car and then back to the train station. It took us a little over 2 hours to get back to Geneva.



We saw these awesome vineyards on the way back near the city of Montreux. Here's a picture I took from the train. The background is Lake Geneva and you can sorta make out the vineyard along the grass.

It was definitely an adventure-filled and memorable weekend. I had lots of fun and enjoyed seeing more of Switzerland. :)

No comments: