So lately, I've been obsessed with America's Best Dance Crew as I'm sure many of you others out there are as well. This is the first show that MTV has put out in a long time that isn't trashy, completely staged and mind-numbing. That is until this past week.
As other loyal followers will attest to, it was apparent from the beginning that the last two "crews" to remain should be Kaba Modern and Jabbawockeez. Both have a lot in common: mainly Asian, from California (Kaba is based out of UCI and Jabba is made up of members from everywhere in CA), have long histories as crews and have great control & creativity in their routines. However, MTV announced on last Thursday that another team had beaten both of them in the number of votes. This caused immediate outrage as many, including myself, feel that this third team is not even close to Kaba and Jabba in skill & detail-orientation in their choreography. There is no way that they could've gotten more votes than BOTH Jabba and Kaba. It seems to merely be a ploy to keep this third team in the competition and to keep the black/asian, west/east hip hop battle alive.
Check out what I mean when I'm talking about their skills (some of my favorite performances):
However, I have found something EVEN better if you can possibly imagine:
I was already envying the crews on the show in their dancing abilities but this is just ridiculous. I have been put to all kinds of shame (by 6 and 7 year olds nonetheless) and can only sit here wistfully wishing I possessed some moves of my own. Perhaps its time for some hip hop lessons.
3 comments:
hey thanks for answering one of the bigger questions that i've been pondering for awhile:
what in the world is jc chasez doing nowadays?
Yes, I really liked kaba! I think it was a ploy, too. And if you look on the website, it says in small font that MTV reserves the right to change the "votes". :P
I gave him some of the orange yogurt bread to try. Hehe, how did you find out? All the Asians in SF seem connected somehow...
tiffany cheung
.....
i'm ashamed.
...
i wish i could dance. period. :(
Post a Comment