They always say "another year older, another year wiser." I used to think that was true. Looking at all the older men and women in my life, I thought "I hope I could be like them when I grow up." Even through college, I thought that each passing year would make me able to live life with more discernment and wisdom.
Here, nearly ten years later, I realize more and more that I am not wiser with every year. Instead, as the Lord reveals the depth of HIS grace and wisdom to me more daily, I am humbled by the very finite limit of my own human abilities. It is truly humbling to know that the depth of one's sin is unending and that to live a grace-filled life is a daily battle against the hold this world has on us. And as Solomon can attest to, all the wisdom of this world is meaningless compared to knowing God.
And so, with each passing year, I am grateful for being not (necessarily) wiser but hopefully, more Christ-like as God refines and sanctifies me into more of His Son's image. I hope to be able to attest to His goodness towards me and show that His grace is sufficient for us all. To God be the glory, always.
No comments:
Post a Comment