Psalm 119 is SO rich in the importance of God's Word and our immense need to rely on it for direction for our lives. I've been trying to copy it into my journal and reading through it while on breaks at work. It is overwhelming to realize just how far I have yet to go in meditating on the Lord's truth daily.
(Re-posting this part from an earlier G+ update)
There are days when the world's lies overwhelm you. You want to believe them and so your spirit wars with the flesh. And you realize again that you must be ready for such a battle.
"Your hands have made and fashioned me; give me understanding that I may learn your commandments. Those who fear you shall see me and rejoice, because I have hoped in your word. I know, O LORD, that your rules are righteous, and that in faithfulness you have afflicted me. Let your steadfast love comfort me according to your promise to your servant....Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119: 73-76 & 105
No comments:
Post a Comment